Frequently Asked Questions
Q. My Air Conditioner/Refrigerator has run out of gas (refrigerant), can you top it up?
A – The short answer is no as air conditioning & refrigeration systems do not run out of gas. It is illegal to ‘top up’ refrigerant before checking for, and fixing any leaks.
Refrigerant can only be lost through a leak within the system which must be repaired prior to re-gassing as per the Australian Refrigerant Council (ARC) code of practice.
Only ARC-licensed technicians are authorised to do this.
Q. What’s included in an Air Conditioning Service?
A – An Air Conditioning Service Clean includes the following:
• Clean all the filters, return & supply grills & diffusers
• Check & clear drain where necessary
• Clean Outdoor coils & unit panels to remove material deposits
• Spray cleaner in drain tray to ensure bacteria & algae do not grow
• Spray cleaner on outdoor coils to protect them from environment
• Check the unit on heating & cooling mode
• Change the batteries (at no cost) for the remote’s if required
Q. Do you install Air Conditioners or just service them?
A – We do both. We supply & install a range of air conditioners from Hi-Walls to Ducted Systems and provide a follow up service post installation to advise when a Service Maintenance is due.
Q. Can you repair portable fridges?
A – Yes, we recommend bringing your portable refrigerator into our workshop for our technicians to test & repair. This allows us to run the refrigerator for an extended amount of time to find any faults that may arise & to ensure once the repairs are completed that it is operating to full capacity.
Q- Can you repair caravan air conditioning/refrigeration systems?
A – Yes, we service & repair caravan air conditioners & refrigerators. We can come to site or alternatively you can bring the caravan down to the workshop to be looked at.